When most clients work with me, they ask me to take a look at their marketing and tell me what they’re missing.
The list is typically pretty long.
With that said, there are certain marketing systems that EVERY business needs to have in place to be a major competitor in the marketplace.
Here is a quick checklist of marketing pieces you need to have in your business.
Again, these should not be optional. If you don’t have these, you are losing money on a daily basis. It’s as simple as that.
Here they are…
- Autoresponders for prospects to turn them into paying customers…
- Autoresponders for customers to get them to buy more from you…
- A comprehensive sales cycle which takes people from prospect, to buyer, to repeat buyer, to hyper buyer…
- Various products ranging from loss leaders to several thousand dollar products and services, plus products & services with continuity, to increase your average transaction size and customer lifetime value…
- Automation – This includes automated your sales cycle… your lead generation (i.e. PPC, etc.)… how you turn leads into customers… and any other aspect of your business you can automate to increase your profits…
- More transparency – Customers these days are changing. They simply are not falling for old tricks like they used to. With the rise of social media, customers are looking for transparency and authenticity. If you can give them that, you’re way ahead of the game.
If you don’t have those things in your business (those are just the basics), I highly recommend putting them in place IMMEDIATELY. You’ll be glad you did.
Not only will you increase your profits now, you’ll have an enormous buffer in the next few years when things get tough. You’ll be able to spend more to get a new customer (which is the ultimate safety net for any business) and that’s going to keep you afloat much longer.
Going “all-in” also means throwing everything you have at what’s working. For me, I recently started a new side business and just bought a classified ad in 1 million newspapers to test. If that works, I’ll do 5 million… then 25 million… and then postcards, direct mail, etc. As it continues to be more profitable, I’ll continue to reinvest more and more money into it.
Reinvesting is key in bad economic times. Most business owners don’t reinvest their profits and then complain when their business fails.
The point is – make sure you do 🙂
World’s #1 most trusted sales funnel authority