In yesterdays post I revealed why making your product or service more convenient for your prospects and customers will boost your short-term conversions as well as your long-term business growth.
Today… I’m going to give you 5 ways to make your product or service more convenient. The goal is to get your creative juices flowing and get you thinking in the right direction!
Just remember… in today’s society – convenience often trumps many other decision-making factors, so don’t take these ideas lightly!
5 Ways To Make Your Product Or Service More Convenient
- Save Them Time – This is a pretty obvious one. If you can add something into your service or product that helps save time for your prospect or customer… do it! Time is a huge commodity these days, and for good reason. People are more busy than ever (even if it’s a “false-busy”, which is a completely different subject), and feel more stressed out and overwhelmed because of it.
- Do The Homework For Them – What I mean by this is that you need to know specialized knowledge about whatever product or service you have… as well as generalized knowledge about your entire industry as a whole. If I get a client who needs help doing anything else that has to do with increasing their business, I do it for them – many times absolutely free.
- Do The “Remembering” For Them – Let’s say you’re the kind of guy or girl who likes to get flowers from your local florist for special occasions, such as your wedding anniversary, birthdays, etc. etc. Wouldn’t you think your florist was amazing if, a week or so before all the “big dates”… they called you up and offered you a great deal on flowers for your wife’s birthday?
- Offer Related Products – Many people get all shy and nervous when even thinking about offering related products and services to a customer. If this is you… you need to either get out of business… or grow a set. 95% of people will NOT get upset with you if you offer them related products and services. Why? Because they NEED it! Plus… the more of a 1-stop-shop you can make your company – the more money will go through your business because your customers will come to you whenever they need anything that has to do with their business.
- Offer Bulk Packages – This is another one people get nervous about. Most people refer to this as an “upsell” (same as #4). Listen… some people WANT to buy bulk packages and just get it over with all in one shot. Here’s a good example for copywriters. If a client comes to you and says they want 10 emails… offer to write them “X” emails – usable any time during the next 12 months… at a good discount. Obviously this will only work with clients who write a lot of emails and you need to play it by ear to see if you should even ask – but for the right client – it gives YOU a nice chunk of cash upfront – and gives your client a great deal on what he/she is going to need over the next year anyway.
As you can see this is only a limited list of things you can do to make your product or service more convenient for your customers. This was ONLY to get your creative juices flowing and allow you to model off the examples I gave and make it work for YOUR business.
I suggest taking 30 minutes out of your day today and writing a list of 10 ways you can start making YOUR product or service more convenient to your customers.